What should I do if a hunt trespasses on my property?
This can be a very intimidating experience, sadly it is also a common one. There are a number of things you can do if you experience hunts trespassing on your land:
- Inform the hunt that they are not permitted on your land and should leave immediately
- Inform the police that the hunt has trespassed on your land so that you have a record, especially if this has happened on more than one occasion.
- Contact the hunt in question to formally advise in writing that they are not permitted on your land.
- Hunts don't like bad press, if your property has been damaged or an injury has occurred contact your local new outlets.
- Useful information can be found on the hounds off website, a link to this is on our issues with a local hunt page